Sunday, March 8, 2009

my speech

Today is one of my happiest and saddest day. Its my best friend marrying my other best friend and i am at to the other corner of the world, in the office, typing this. I hate not to be there to see everything, to hold her hand and tell her that im proud of her and im really happy for her. I know i never said this out loud before but i love you very much. everyone of you there. I miss all of you so much my heart aches.

Not being able to be there for her feels like ive failed being her best friend, and the worse part of all, i feel so bad i got no one to point my fingers at. Here is the speech ive prepared since last year..

"First of all, i would like to take this opportunity to thank the NG and Law family for everything. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Justin, one of Racheal’s closest friends for over 15 years, usually a partner in crime.

Anyway, we have been friends since primary school.

Racheal and I have done many things together during our almost life-long friendship. Over the years we practically do the same thing together, we've even tried to skip school, tried to pick up girls together..

She likes to hurt, make jokes and laugh at you then tease you whenever she can.

Ever since i knew her, she`s been giving me nothing but headaches.

And that is why i had to introduce her to Adrian because he has the highest tolerance level than anyone else I’ve known and i think she is the luckiest person to have Adrian as her other half.

He takes all her punching, kicking, nagging, yelling and all without a single complain.I sometimes wonder why.

I can’t complain because she cooks good food for me.

They’ve now been together for a very long time, and I can’t think of a single couple more perfect for each other.

She brings out the good side in him, which takes a lot of effort; and Adrian, you`ve seen her worst, and you survived.

Now i would like to invite you all to be upstanding, raise you glasses and join me in a toast to Racheal and Adrian, because I think they were made for each other.

Ladies and Gentlemen: a toast to the bride and groom"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really Touching.. Sam