Wednesday, April 1, 2009

a fool`s fooled?

Today, of all days i got to make a decision that i could hardly resist.

It all started with a bright, cool breezy almost perfect day. I was as usual with my hoodie, signature 2B pencil parked on my left ear and holding one too many files, one leg kicking.. until i was called in for a meeting by both China and Australia bosses.

Everything was going well, talked about work stuff then out of the sudden, they told me that i got promoted, sort of... again. I am now currently the sales manager, marketing manager and the new addition; brand manager. How...the fug did that just happened? How the fug am i supposed to juggle all of them, at the same bloody time? Now i am not just a manager, I'm the manager.

The title is getting too much, the workload is as much as the title sounds.

Fine. I think i can handle a little bit of a challenge.. but;

  1. with this position comes big sacrifice, which means i have to renew my contract (by the way is due this June) for another couple more years.
  2. because of the above, i can`t go back to Melbourne, as planned. According to boss, i have to put that thought on hold for the time being.
  3. my best friend is gonna be so heartbroken.
  4. i is gonna be so heartbroken, literally.

The tricky part of all this is;

  1. if i did good in this position, means it gives me less chance to get back to Australia;
  2. but if i fug this up, they might have the impression that I'm incompetent, maybe fired;
  3. if i do it for the sake of job wise, i don't get satisfaction of feeling good coz I'm a perfectionist!

but the only good side of it is;

  1. more salary.
  2. that's about it..

and the down side..

  1. stay back, living in this horrible country, all alone.
  2. 2/3 time spent on work
  3. bored
  4. all of the above, again and again.

I should have rejected this position when i had the chance to, but the temptation of being in control. Argh darn, i just got sucked into the world full of conspiracies.

I think i deserve a drink to myself, to congratulate, drown my sorrows away and cry myself to bed again at the same time.

I feel like shit and this is the saddest day of my life and i wish it was all just a prank on April Fool`s Day.

Question of the day: What would you do?

By the way, did i mentioned that im a junior graphic designer for wheels as well. fugken awesome!

No comments: